Thursday, April 25, 2013

Aware...

Things with Bear are going great. He's coming down to visit towards the beginning of May and then I am going to go to him for Memorial Day weekend.

Not being near each other makes it difficult, but I definitely appreciate the moments we get to spend together, which is why I really want to be the best version of myself for Bear. I want him to know how much I appreciate him.

I'm grateful for having written this blog. It reminds me of where I was, mistakes I made, and what I want to do differently this time around. I don't want to slip back into the same patterns, repeat the sometimes poor choices I made, and the negative reactions I had to situations.

I don't suspect I will, but of course I want to be aware.

On another note, today is my brother in law's birthday. And I am so thankful for having him in my life. He was there to hold me during some of my darkest moments. He has brought so much laughter and joy into my life. And he is probably one of the most talented people I have ever met. Happy Birthday G.!! Thank you for being the best brother in law a girl could ask for and thank you for making my sister so happy and being such an incredible dad to T. and soon to be D. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment